Tuesday, July 27, 2010

silly bands:)

Silly Bands are so ridiculous. No one even knows what they are! No one knows how they're made, what their purpose is, and WHY they were made! Everyone just knows that everyone has them. They are so fun! Some people have hundreds, some even thousands! And do you want to know why they put 4 of a kind in a package? So you can trade! I know people who are complete strangers trade! It is usually in line for something. I was in line for a ride at an amusement park with my friend, and there was a 5 year old little boy behind her and he said "you wanna trade? i gotta horse!". My sister said she was buying something at baskin robins and the girl behind her said "what do you have?", again, complete stranger! Sometimes even adults want them they say something like thjis to their children: "I'll let you have these, if i get 2.". Some parents like mine, think they are silly, which is reasonable, because they are called "silly bands"! I was showing all my silly bands to my parents and telling them who gave them to me. Then my mom said once I was done, "Wait (she said all the boys names that i had said)gave those to you? Boys have those? Arent those kind of like a girl thing?" My sister was in the room and we said "No!" (it was very cheezy how we said it at the same time, like in a childrens book or something). We then told her how there are boy silly bands too, like Buzz Light Year! Then yesterday, as my friend was buying Zany Bands she told me that glow in the dark "silly Bands" were fake knock offs! I was so disapointed because the 19"silly bands" i owned were fake! But then I still have my 5 real silly bands! You know, I am very proud of the Silly Band company that was made in 2006, with only 5 employees. Now, they have over 200 employees! But the sad part is, Silly Bands are just an East Coast thing! I had showed them to my sister and her fiance over the webcam on skype, and they had never seen them! And people over here are just itching to have them! Also isnt it sad when somebody is taking a silly band of they're wrist to show/give it to you, and it snaps!?! I just hate that. Lastly if you are a generous giver, i apploud (how do you you spell that?) you. When silly bands first came out they were only at 5 and Below. So givers, you helped the trend:)

1 comment:

  1. Andrea! i'm in new mexico and you're right they dont have them here :(how sad!

    ReplyDelete